SBi-Lab membership is open to all students in the Digital Technology Department at UCLA Extension. Benefits include exclusive networking opportunities, hackathons, conferences, webinars, and more. Students will have the chance to learn from experienced members of the tech industry through monthly webinars or workshops on different topics. Mentorship also includes networking opportunities with top technology executives.
A Tech Innovation Hub
Silicon Beach—located in creative, innovative, and diverse Los Angeles—is currently attracting some of the most exciting companies and opportunities in the tech industry.
How to Join SBi-Lab
If you are a current digital technology student at UCLA Extension, click here to join the SBi-Lab. Once your student status has been confirmed, you will enjoy the benefits of SBi-Lab membership. If you are not currently a digital technology student at UCLA Extension and would like to inquire about how to join the SBi-Lab, click here and a representative will contact you shortly.
Access to industry expertise:
- Our SBi-Lab advisory board is made up of highly-respected executives in the tech industry. As an SBi-Lab member, you will have the exclusive opportunity to learn from and network with advisory board members at group mentoring sessions and various SBi-Lab events throughout the year.
Group mentoring sessions with
- Mentoring sessions are lead by members of our advisory board and will cover topics such as employment trends in the tech industry, resume workshops, software entrepreneurship, and more. SBi-Lab members can join our mentoring sessions online or in-person.
Opportunity to participate in course-related, practical projects:
- Get practical, hands-on experience by working on real-world projects facilitate through SBi-Lab courses.
Invitation to SBi-Lab events:
- Events include hackathons, seminars, conferences, fireside chats, and more.
Lifetime membership for Digital Technology certificate graduates:
- Graduate from any of our academic certificates listed here and enjoy lifetime SBi-Lab membership.